18 May 2010

quiz thingy alert!

Bouncing from this blog to that blog to the blog over there and back again, I found this quiz thingy on this blog, http://silly-pants-kate.blogspot.com/, and never having done any of these quiz thingies, I thought I'd give it a go.

The rules as I understand it are that you are to answer the questions below the set of answered questions, make up ten of your own, and pass it on to seven others (or do like I'm going to, and post it on your blog.)  The others answer your ten questions and send them back to you, make up ten of their own, and in about 5 years you'll probably see this quiz again and get to start from scratch! 

Ready to give it a go?  (I'd love to see your answers!)


1. What was your favorite vacation from your childhood?
Probably Disneyland.  I remember having dinner at the restaurant near the Pirate's of the Caribbean ride (this was waaaay back in the late 60's so it wasn't Pirate's of the Caribbean starring Johnny Depp) I think the restaurant was called the Blue Bayou or some such.  Both my sister and I had birthdays in July, and the "cast members" (remember they're not staff or employees at Disney, but cast members) came over after dinner and dropped of a cake and sang to us.  I thought that was the coolest thing ever!

2. What is the one thing you would tell the ten year old you?
Boys will ALWAYS have cooties.



3. What is the biggest compliment that anyone has ever given you?
I've been told many, many times that I'm a wonderful mom.  This makes me very proud, but I have to give half the credit to my most awesome daughter.  She's the one that made it easy.  Now if I could just get her to do the windows...

4. Who is your favorite band and why? (Can't that be two questions?)
Wow.  Favorite band.  Really?  I have to pick one?  Nope, can't do it.  It would be almost like being unfaithful.  The CureThe Devlins.  The Cure.  The Devlins.  (Note I'm not including Jimmy Buffett - he's not a "band" although he does have one that plays with him, The Coral Reefers.)  OK... that just threw a major wrench in this whole thing.  The Cure.  The Devlins.  Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band.  The Cure.  The Devlins.  Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band.   No, I can't pick just one. 
Why?  I think it's because I like their music...


5. What bad habit or fault would turn you off someone you are originally attracted to?
Racism and bigotry.

6. The drinks are on me - what's your poison?
Cosmo, baby, cosmo.



7. Which celebrity do you really detest and why?
Sean Connery.  In an interview once with Barbara Walters he said sometimes it was necessary to hit a woman.  What a slimeball.  (His wife at the time has since divorced Sir Sean.  Thank goodness)



8. Who is your hero? (Doesn't have to be famous)
My sister, Elmo.



9. Are you a dog or a cat person?
Yes.

The Doester

Izz McFizz


 Willa the Corona Kitteh














Miss Kyna

 Miss Fallon waiting for noms

10. Who influenced you the most when you were growing up? (Again, doesn't have to be famous)
It depends on the influence. Being as great a parent as possible? My mom & dad & my daughter.  Not accepting mediocre?  My mom.  My love for the outdoors (when it's warm, that is)?  My dad & Mother Nature.  My work ethic?  My dad.  My foodiness?  My mom & dad.  My love of music?  The Partridge Family & The Monkees.

OK now for my list of 10 questions:
  1. Someone hands you a cool $One Mil.  What do you do with it?
  2. What to you would be the world's coolest job?
  3. What is on the menu for your favorite meal (anything goes)?
  4. What was your favorite television program as a child?
  5. If you could live ANY where (outer space, under the ocean, in a national park, etc.) where would it be?
  6. What is your absolute, without a doubt, hands down worst travel experience?
  7. What is the one product you refuse to buy?
  8. What do you do when (you think) no one is looking?
  9. If you could choose five people to go on a holiday with (real or fictional) who would they be and why?
  10. What is the weirdest thing to ever happen to you?

1 comment:

  1. 1. Sock it away somewhere to gain interest and start planning my early retirement.
    2. The absolute coolest job would be a book editor. You get to correct grammar, read books and be opinionated all day! Bliss.
    3. If anything goes... King crab legs, lemon orzo soup from Petes Greek Cafe, grilled zucchini and asparagus with lemon pepper, a Diet Pepsi, and pie for dessert.
    4. Oh god, just one? CHiPS, Love Boat, Fantasy Island... oh and Jem. And Voltron. I was a complicated child.
    5. If I could live anywhere, it would be a nice cottage on the sea in Scotland. I enjoy the damp.
    6. I haven't traveled too much, but the worst would have to be the trip back to Chicago from Brownsville, TX way back in 1992. It was a nightmare of truck stops and anger, and I'm constantly glad I'll never have to do it again!
    7. I won't buy high fructose corn syrup anymore. It's gross and makes me ill.
    8. Okay... sometimes you just gotta hook a boog! I do try to be discreet but sometimes the nose goblins are insistent.
    9. My kid, my mom, my gramma, my boyfriend and Eddie Izzard.
    10. Weirdest? Oh there's not enough room. One time, though, a whole block in Chicago blew up, bit by bit, and I was standing in the middle of it, wishing for a cigarette. Then this British guy named Quentin (who had bells on his leather jacket) came up to me and it turned out he and my friend Quinn knew each other, and they rescued me in a school bus. There were no drugs involved.

    Well, okay, there were but it was totally true!!

    ReplyDelete

If you've taken time to navigate here and read something, please let me know your thoughts – good, bad, or indifferent.